Monday, May 4, 2009

A-Z MONDAY: Q


Quandary

I’m in a quandary, don’t know what to do

I need a word; this week’s letter is Q

I’m quaking and quivering as I make my quest

I’m quizzically pondering which word is the best


I question the quality if I just pick

A word like “quadratic”; that is just sick!

There’s more in my quiver than any quaint note

Or a quip or a question or notable quote


No quarrel that Q is a quirky old letter

Little quantity of words; other letters are better

I’m quashing this exercise, my brain’s a quart low

I’ve reached my quota, I quit, gotta go!

12 comments:

Minerva said...

Quite a Quality poem, brother. You should go out to celebrate your talent. Perhaps to Quizno's or Qdoba.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You have to be the most creative person ever!! Great Q for the week. ;) Suz

Connie said...

HA HA HA! That was great! What a fun poem. Too bad you couldn't think of any "Q" words to use for your post this week though. ;)

Ben said...

Daisy: Your picture is HILARIOUS! You are DRIVEN!

Connie said...

Thanks, Ben. I decided I'd rather have Morgan Freeman take the wheel so I wouldn't have to deal with the internet traffic. :D

Najia said...

You have an amazing way with words, so very loQuacious you are. :-)

I hear ya on the Celtics my friend. I'll be cheering for the Cavs all the way now. I've been of Lebron for some time now. Good luck!

Cassie said...

I chuckled through your whole poem. Seems there are a lot of Q words. Was hoping you'd bark some kind of an order in your post so I could respond with, "Aye-aye Captain"!

Pigeon said...

No quibbling here, that's a quality poem!

Dawn said...

wow... you must have had the dictionary out!! pretty clever!

Ben said...

I admit it, Dawn. I had the dictionary out. Quilt..I mean Guilty.

Ben said...

Whoa! Was that a Caine Mutiny reference four comments ago? If so, good one (I'm slow)!

Jen said...

The quintessential poet!