Wednesday, May 6, 2009

new feeder goes to work

Last week, I won a birdfeeder from blogger friend Jen. It arrived in the mail a couple days ago with some seed mix, a seed bell, and (not sure what the connection, but winners can't be choosers) a rubbery life-like RAT - which may become a short-lived dog toy when the grand-pups visit.

Anyhow, I filled and hung up the feeder last night and enjoyed the show at breakfast today. Not so much the fairly commonplace bird (above) who took in some breakfast.
It was this squirrel who provided the show - I wish I had gotten to the camera in time to get some shots of sir squirrel's attempts to alight on the food trough. He tried jumping from the tree. He tried shinnying up the pole. He just stood there and CONTEMPLATED for the longest time. Finally, poor guy gave up and took off, deciding it was for the birds after all.

I suspect I have not seen the last of his attempt to storm the castle. I expect an army of his buddies to make a squirrel ladder or something in the near future.

4 comments:

Pigeon said...

Those squirrels can be pretty clever!

Jen said...

Yay! Hang it and they will come. Great squirrel story! Hope he provides some more entertainment for you/us!
And as far as the RAT!! That's
Ben II. http://unglazed.blogspot.com/2008/09/weird-object-friday_26.html

Ben said...

Whoa, that rat is a star! perhaps I will spare it the wrath of the doggies after all.

Cliff said...

I like to watch birds dine. It seems so peaceful.

And the news fron LA is just Manny being Manny.