Friday, April 18, 2008

W.O.F. 9 - creepy toy




Maybe to some this thing is cute, but it sort of creeps me out. Our son brought this home from a garage sale once. That little panel in the front is a solar receptor. As long as there is some light in the room, the yellow guy's head bobs, ever so slightly, back and forth. More light, and more bobbing.

And I have no idea what the little green guy leaning up on him is - presumably an unripe little squirt that hopes to bob its own head some day.

I guess it is somewhat of a conversation piece, but it does not exactly make for hours of fun. Just sort of creepy, having this subtle movement catch you out of the corner of your eye.

Bonus picture having nothing to do with weird objects: A tree about a block away from us, in full bloom:

7 comments:

gerry said...

I like the fact that it solar driven. But one of the good thing about batteries is that the head would have eventually stopped moving.

By the look of all your pictures, you live in a beautiful town. We crisscrossed Ohio in the RV one summer and loved it. Thought about retiring near Buckeye Lake.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he can star in the new smash movie hit "Cuddles and the creepy toy".

Ben said...

gerry - I suppose I take pictures of the good stuff. It was "put anything you want on the curb and we'll collect it" week so we could have taken some pretty messy pictures.

pigeon - sounds good - I wonder if we can get the rights to use this creepy thing.

Minerva said...

Aaaagh!! I have its twin!! K. has one, too!! Only I think her's is purple. I'll have to try and find it and email you a picture. The face is different. It could star as the creepy evil twin!

Jessica said...

I've never seen one before. It looks like an old vintage toy. Does it still work?

Your right... I think it's weird.

Ben said...

still works. It's actually pretty new. The copyright on it is 2002!

Minerva said...

Here is more than you need to know: They are called Hidamari and Ebay is full of them.