Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day

It was a good day to be on the Earth. Pigeon's recent blog reminded me it's just about trillium time around here, so we grabbed the dog and headed out to the reservoir where the trillium goes absolutely nuts, acres of it.

Well, it was a little early, but they are poking out. I'll try to get a shot when they are out in full splendor.

They were having some "Earth Day" events out at the rez; nature scavenger hunts for the kids, some snacks. I was telling someone at the pavilion that I could recall the first Earth Day; I remember going around picking up litter in my home town that day.

Meanwhile, the sky and water put on a pretty decent show out at the Rez. I'll let the Earth do the rest of the "talking".

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful mirror images in the water!!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen so mary trillium before in the same place. Wow!

Minerva said...

Neat pictures. How come you never took me to the rez? Next visit out..

Ben said...

Pigeon: Just wait 'til they're really blooming! (stay posted...)
Marg: We'll work it in when you visit. Didn't you discover it on your own explorations around town?
Jessica: Thanks. We finally had some interesting clouds besides the usual "northern Ohio gray"...