Thursday, June 25, 2009

A-Z "MONDAY" - XXXXXX


X E N A R T H R A


"Xenarthra" refers to a group of critters

That you wouldn't hire for baby sitters

They consist of some oddball creatures

Who're known for having distinctive features


First there's the sloth, two-toed and three

They're the laziest dudes in history


And then there is the armadillo

Who I wouldn't use for my bedtime pillow!


And third and last, the South American anteater

For gathering ants, you just can't beat 'er


It seems no trio could differ farther

And yet they all are classed “Xenarthra”


So what's the common link, you say?

An extra lumbar vertebrae!

Yes, these creatures could give you a fun day

But for me, they complete this A-Z "Monday"!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very creative and informative post Ben. Thanks for introducing yourself and stopping by to visit. See you next week for A-Z!

Minerva said...

Good one, brother. (See you made it home safely.)
Now I've had my zoology lesson for the day. Very interesting.

Connie said...

HA HA HA! That was great, Ben! Now that's an "X" word I never would have guessed. :D

Jen said...

How in the world did you come up with that word?? Fortunately I don't think I will see any of these guys roaming in my yard; so I will not be posting about them on my blog. ha! Great as usual. :D

Najia said...

how did you know that word!? did you just look it up or always know it? soooooo cool. love thist post.

i knew my X word already, but looked up some of the other ones.

i hope you have a great weekend! looking forward to your monday's Y!

Ben said...

OK, I admit it! I consulted a dictionary!

Busy Bee Suz said...

You baffle me with all the great stuff you come up with!!! I have a dictionary too, but I never see things the way you do!!
Great job! can't wait to see what you come up with for Y and Z!

Dawn said...

did you browse through the dictionary for that? wow... i had to fake me "x" word!