Monday, June 8, 2009

A-Z Monday: V IS FOR VOLUME!!!!!!!


VOLUME

I turn on some tunes, set the volume to hear it

My wife shouts it’s so loud she cannot get near it

My son says “let’s crank it!”

My wife says “please yank it!”

I have no idea how I should steer it.

I cruise in the car with the volume on ten

Then the Passenger says, “Please turn it down, Ben!”

I reduce it to eight; she goes further, to four

We compromise – six - not a decibel more!

I s’pose it’s a good thing to lower the sound

So I hear other things that are happening around

Like fire alarms, sirens, or knocks on the door

Yes, I now keep my music down to a dull roar.

(and if I want volume – that’s what headphones are for!)

9 comments:

Cliff said...

Sometimes when I'm driving down 77
I want to crank it up to eleven
The windows are up and I am alone
Nobody else there to control the tone

Cassie said...

I'm with you Ben...the louder the better...I can't seem to hear it otherwise. Could be from working at power plants when I was younger (w/o ear plugs). Lucky for me my hubby is even more deaf than I!! Good V word & poem!

Minerva said...

Good thing you don't have the volume knob they had in Spinal Tap. Sounds like WIXY has one!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Such a fabulous poem. Sounds like our house...it must be a universal problem between the sexes...Men can't hear as well, and women hear too good. ;0
Suz

Jen said...

Good Vibrations I'm sure!
Ben you were jammin' with this one, I could even feel the beat~! ha.
Happy Monday to you.

Unknown said...

What a show off! :) Very poetic and so true. I crank it at home, but I'm a bit more conservative in the car because you can get a ticket if it's too loud. You know, loud enough for other cars around you to vibrate.

Good V word!

reliv4life said...

I love my tunes LOUD!

Dawn said...

oh yes, headphones are just what you need! your loud poem made me laugh... as usual!

Connie said...

Great poem, Ben! Sounds like my house. Except, we all want it loud when it is music we like personally but turned down when it is someone else's favorites! HA! This battle goes on daily between me, husband and sons.

Of the four of us, though, I'm most likely the one to be wanting it turned down.