Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Toledo Botanical Gardens - Part 2: Plant Life

I don't know much about flowers. I know they have stamens and pistils or some such things that, along with bees, help 'em procreate. But I am bad at identifying them - ask my wife. All I know is the diversity of plant life is amazing!

So here are pictures of flowers and other plants (and a bee) we viewed a week ago at the beautiful Toledo Botanical Gardens, without any captions or explanatory prose.

Those of you who know plants - you know what you're looking at. And for those of us who don't - just look at the pretty colors!















4 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Ben,many years ago my wife CXelestine and we had gone to ride the canal boat in providance park. we also visite the Botanical gardens while we were there.We had bought a couple of miniture roses at the plant sale that had going on.

Minerva said...

Nice pictures. Shoooeeee that's one big leaf!!

Jen said...

I don't know plants and flowers either, but do appreciate their beauty. Nice photos and that hand sure makes me appreciate the size of that leaf! wow

gerry said...

Love those hosta!