Friday, June 27, 2008

W.O.F. 18 WITCH DOCTOR


There's a story behind this one. Evidently, when I was young, I took ill (probably a cold and sore throat - I had my fill of those), to the extent that my sister was a bit worried about me. So, my Dad told her they needed to take action to make me well - they needed to construct a witch doctor to ward off my evil germs. So they did, and this is the guy they made from ordinary household materials.

Dad told my sister that they needed something special to put atop that spear. She had just the right item in mind, and ran out into the back yard, where she had previously uncovered the little plastic skull, buried somewhere in the ground.

I guess the witch doctor worked, as I got better. And that's my W.O.F. story for this week!

5 comments:

Minerva said...

Some people use antibiotics. Ha! If they only knew!

Ben said...

I'm pretty sure my health insurance covers this guy, with a $15 copay per visit.

Anonymous said...

He's a little scary looking. Is that a wall paper outfit?

gerry said...

I know Margaret appreciates alternative medicine, but this is taking it a little far. I don't think that he is covered in Encoderpro.

Ben said...

He is indeed a bit scary and a little "out there", alternative medicine-wise. I think he still falls within the realm of "experimental" medicine - right up there with snake oil.