Sunday, March 22, 2009

A-Z Monday: I'm Keyed


I've got a key to the office
And a key to the home
A key to the car
And a key that's unknown

I'd like a key to success
Or a key to prosperity
Or a key to a kingdom
Or to peace and clarity

But I'll settle for this:
My key to the good life:
Two fantastic kids,
And a wonderful wife

A house that's a home
A job that's a passion*
Unconditional love
That we don't have to ration

Yes, that is the stuff
That makes it for me
Yeah, that's the ticket
Yeah, that's the key!


*Ok, stretching it a bit on that line. But there are times when my job is actually my passion! It can happen! Once in a while!

11 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love your poem. So cute and clever. How come we all have those keys that just show up....just a mystery and I can't throw mine out either.

Connie said...

What a great poem, Ben. I really like this one. Very clever! :D

Dawn said...

your poem is fantastic! i think you do have the key to the good life! it is the most important one...

Minerva said...

This one got me all keyed up. You've got a lock on what's important.

...sorry...

Anonymous said...

I have lots of keys too,
that I have no clue
what they might be to.
And I like your poem,
I really do!

Jen said...

oK, that's a Bravo for you. Most excellent!!!
(I use to collect skeleton keys.)

Najia said...

Wow, what a great post. Thanks for stopping by little corner of Blogistan!

I scrolled down and saw that you had to say goodbye to your Silky recently. I'm so sorry to read about your loss. I know it only too well. After Nick, our Golden Retriever, died in 2007, I needed an outlet, a place to release...and I started blogging in his memory. Haven't stopped since.

reliv4life said...

that was amazing!! I really enjoyed it - so true, it is easy to focus on the small stuff and forget about what is really important! thanks for the reminder

Rosemarie said...

Great poem! Are those really your keys? Do you have like a million of them that all look alike but you can pull out the exact one you need at anytime? I bet you do!

Jessica said...

Beautiful! I hope your wife and kids got to read that!

Cassie said...

What a cleverhead you are! That poem surely is the ticket! Good K word...Ata boy!