Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sunset at the Reservoir


Took the dog out to the reservoir this afternoon. She loves it out there, and we enjoy the peace, quiet and large supply of water. Late February, and one wonders; is this the last snow cover of the year? Probably not. There really has not been that much snow on the ground, yet this winter just feels like it was a tough one, climatologically speaking. Most of the people I talk to are ready to bring on spring. (And yes, I messed a lot with the brightness and contrast on the tree shot).


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Backlighting always screws up your shots badly. I assume the image was quite dark?

You best friend for this sort of thing is using the histogram when you review the shot. You can also use the flashing highlights and darks of the S3 supports that.

Ben said...

The image wasn't too bad or too dark - I was just messing with making the contrast and colors "extreme" and unworldly - I sorta liked the yellow sun between the trees and the cold blue shadows.

Minerva said...

Yeah- I thought you meant to make it look like that..Very cool image. The starkness makes it interesting.

Jessica said...

Love the tree shot.

Ben said...

Thanks Jessica -I can tell you're partial to pine trees :)