Friday, February 15, 2008

Odd Object Friday


My sister (blog link to the right) has suggested that Fridays become "Weird Object Friday" in our little blogworld. So ok; I'm in! Sorry I don't have any "mystery object" whose use you cannot discern. Maybe next time if I really root around.

Today's selection appears to be an armadillo or similar species. Very colorful, painted on wood. I believe I procured this little guy after walking across the bridge from Laredo TX to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. There were lots of souvenir shops over there and lots of trinkets to purchase. I understand that Nuevo Laredo is a much less safe place than it was when I was there; a shame.

Anyhow, this week's weird object was signed underneath by Joaquin Hernandez Vasquez. Gracias, Joaquin.

5 comments:

Minerva said...

Cool! I expect to see that proudly displayed next time I visit!

Jessica said...

Hi, Margaret sent me over for the odd object Friday.

Can't say I have one of those around my house. I like all the colors.

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Very nice piece of art. My daughter the object maker would approve.

Ben said...

Welcome, Jessica. I took a look at yours earlier and thought it might be the egg basket option...

Ben said...

Hi, Elise. Well, it's not a Monet, but...