Wednesday, February 27, 2008

squirrel's-eye view of front porch







If a squirrel or other low-lying animal approached our front porch, this series of pictures simulates their view (aside from the fact that they would be seeing in black and white, as I recall). It is remarkable how daunting a set of steps appears to be for a critter, but they really don't seem to think much of it.

Today's sports team name of note is the Poca (WV) Dots. This town of 1,013 in Putnam County, West Virginia, just down the road (I64) west of Charleston, turns out a full roster football team year after year. You can read all about them on the web, but I'm not sure why you'd want to unless you were from around there, a homesick alum, or just killin' time surfin'. I would add that you will not likely find a sports team logo much easier to replicate, artistically, than a "dot".


1 comment:

Minerva said...

Keep your snow out there in the fire lands. I don't wanna see any more!!!
( I know...8 days left. I'm workin' on it, tell L.W.)