Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Ramblings

somewhere down in there is our drinking water, chilled to perfection

Cabin fever kicked in a couple weeks ago; it is at full tilt now. The promise of the mercury hitting the upper 30's drove me - and I drove the dog - out to the reservoir, just to be SOMEWHERE. The scene was still pretty desolate, but there is a promise that this white stuff has limited time left in frozen form. And the dog had a good time.
This is one of Ollie's favorite activities - sticking his snout (or whole head if he can manage it) into the snow. Then he likes to propel himself forward by kicking with his hind feet. I am not sure exactly what the big rush is for him, but he seems to work one or two major face plants into every walk when there is snow available.

We didn't see any critters along the walk, but we saw evidence of them...

And actually, we did see the big guy who left these. And his rider...

Stopped at the stand of pines in the next picture, and listened for a while as the wind whistled through them. That is one of my favorite sounds in the world.
Today's other highlight was "acoustic Sunday" at the early service. Five of us busted out the acoustic guitars and strummed some of the classics, like Kum By Yah. It was a lot of fun, but I suppose I will be back to toting in the heavy keyboard next week. I think there are only so many songs with my limited range of chords in 'em. But I did also work in am 18-note solo on this bad boy, the recorder from my youth...

3 comments:

Connie said...

Looks like a peaceful spot, albeit still quite cold. I like your pine tree pictures. I'm very much ready for the warmer temperatures they say are coming our way this week. I've had enough of winter for a while.

George said...

I'm glad you could get out -- hopefully we can all get out more regularly in the days ahead. I did find Ollie's face plants interesting.

Jen said...

Enjoy that snow while it lasts. Ha-
it's lasted long enough hasn't it.