Sunday, June 13, 2010

Munchin' Monday: U

I admit it; I am stumped as to a good "U" food. So, I am just going to report on my utterly, ultimately, ultra-fine dinner I just had downtown in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin up in Door County. It was baked salmon with just the right amount of butter and spices, a baked potato, and a nice mix of veggies (hmm..."veggies"...next week?) They talked us into splitting an Unbelievably fine desert too, a sort of chocolate bundt cake with some ice cream, but it doesn't start with a U either, except for being uber-tasty!

Meanwhile, down the block, they were wrapping up this weekend music festival which raises money to save their old steel bridge across Sturgeon Bay. This kid couldn't have been more than 10 or 12, but they introduce him and he strolls up to the microphone, says "This first song is called "Crossroads", and he proceeds to rip into the old Robert Johnson blues standard. I'm thinking "He's maybe twelve. How has he felt the blues enough to pull this off?" But he did. Followed it up with a Jimi Hendrix song, too.
Here's a shot of the steel bridge fest venue with the object of the fest in the background...
..and a little bit of our more peaceful surroundings up here...

5 comments:

Connie said...

Looks like a fine meal indeed, Ben! And it looks like a fun time there too. I like that last photo. Very nice. Happy Monday! :-)

Anonymous said...

My dad loved salmon better than anything; your meal looks so tasty. Beautiful scenery and a great cause for the steel bridge. Looks like it was a lovely day. Wishing you a very pleasant week.

Jen said...

yUm! The best fish Under the sea!
Happy Monday Ben.

Unknown said...

Utterly tasty post! It's early but I'm thinking about a baked potato for breakfast...or some chocolate cake with ice cream.

That fundraiser looks like they had quite a showing!

Cassie said...

Uber tasty sounds right to me! I guess we should be looking forward to seeing the kid on American Idol when he is 16?! What a swell weekend treck you had. Happy A-Z Monday Ben!!