Monday, October 12, 2009

Z-A Monday - A Mountaintop Moment


Xavier motored away in his Mercury Monterey mini-van he bought for minimal money down. He made for the mountains, looking for a magical, meaningful, mind-boggling moment.

While the past few days were memorable, they were not so meaningful - just marginally so. Something was missing; time to miss the mainstream stuff, and meddle with the mediocrity of it all.

As he made his way up the mountain road, he felt his life was like a map with a maze of multiple routes. Like a trip to the Multiplex - Which movie was his? He sought some mystical mountaintop message. Was he mad to do this? A mental case? A Meshuggener?

He stopped the Monterey to use a men's room; as he made his way, a meteor flashed by overhead, passing the moon. Was this whole trip a journey to Meaningfulness, or pure Myth?
He looked down. On the ground was a booklet marked with the words: "Your Manual". He picked it up, and moved on.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Monday Ben.
Sounds like Xavier was in the right place at the right time to find that manual-I hope it's just what he needs.

Connie said...

The Mystery continues! Fun to read as always, Ben. I laughed out loud at Meshuggener. HA! Happy Monday!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I NEED a manual too!!! Will he share when he is done with it???

Cassie said...

You are Mashugana!! Oy veh!!hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Nice to have you back. Always fun.

Najia said...

I love your blog. I love your blog. I love your blog.

I think we all need a manual. Tell Xavier to share after he's done!

Minerva said...

My, my, a Manual. Monday's musings are a must read!

-Margaret