Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Photo

I drove the church van in the parade again this year, ahead of the float publicizing the Vacation Bible School programs of both the Methodist and Presbyterian churches in town (same curriculum, different weeks), and behind a float publicizing a Bible museum. I had a van full of passengers this year, including the new Pastor's wife riding shotgun (he walked the route - kudos to him! So did my wife -kudos to her!)

One could agree that the mission of just about any Christian denomination is to "follow Jesus" - and as this picture I took from the windshield while driving (kids - don't do this at home! - I was only going 3 mph!) clearly illustrates, I think we were doing just that for the entire parade route!

Another comment on parades in general. Do you see how the kids now line up along the edge of the street proper, plastic bags in hand? When did the Fourth of July become Halloween, Jr.?

4 comments:

Minerva said...

No plastic bags in Catonsville. Just a lot of jumping,darting, and grabbing out into the parade route.

Dawn said...

our parades are like that, too! tons of candy... so much tht the kids only pick up what they like- picky, picky! i love your header photo!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love how you were following Jesus all day!!!
The kids get more on July 4th here than on Halloween!!!

Cassie said...

wow...Patrick and I didn't even see anybody throwing candy at Sandpoint's 4th parade. Maybe we just missed it.

Loved your float. We LOVE Jesus too!!