Sunday, April 26, 2009

A-Z Monday: P is for...


Propagation

Prop`a*ga"tion\, n. [L. propagatio: cf. F. propagation.]1. The act of propagating; continuance or multiplication of the kind by generation or successive production; as, the propagation of animals or plants. There is not in nature any spontaneous generation, but all come by propagation. --Ray. 2. The spreading abroad, or extension, of anything; diffusion; dissemination; as, the propagation of sound; the propagation of the gospel. --Bacon.

The holly plants are burning bright
Those holly plants are quite a sight
Flowering out and calling the bees
"Come and spread my pollen, please"

Our holly plants have spread out wide
With baby plants off to the side
Some day they'll stretch out over the nation
And that's why my word is "propagation"

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Propegation. Very good. Always appreciate your clever Poems. I never knew that holly had yellow flowers. Are there different types of holly? I always thought they were all red.

Busy Bee Suz said...

So clever. Love those pictues...good P word!

Minerva said...

Never seen a holly plant like that. Very pretty. Do they get berries later on?
I like the poem.

Pigeon said...

Great poem! I like your holly pictures too.

Jen said...

I will never look at that word the same way again.
most excellent Ben. :D