Friday, January 2, 2009

W.O.F. 45: bad smelling rubbery things that flash


Everybody gets these totally non functional "stocking stuffer" type presents once in a while, don't they? These were handed out to a bunch of people at our house by an unknown benefactor (we'll call him, or her, "Santa"). They are made of some rubbery substance that probably contains Chinese industrial waste. When you smack 'em hard like a paddleball, using the long stretchy "handle", they start this spastic lighting display - in an array of breathtaking colors. I have tried to catch the essence of two of them, one of which is my son's, and one of which is mine. Oh, and if you ever get one of these things, don't bother to smell them, please. Take my word; not a pleasant olfactory experience.

They are cousins to a former WOF I posted, of another smelly thing that lit up when you whacked it. Yet, with the long rubbery handles, an entirely different experience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It kinda looks like a radio active porcupine! We always have a few silly gifts at our house too.

Minerva said...

Why is it that after you left this past week, my house was "graced" with one of these? I thought that it was yours, but it managed to stay on here at the house. Ummm....thanks?

I must say it puts on a pretty light show.

Ben said...

Enjoy, dear sister. Enjoy all that life throws at ya. (Your son wanted it so we accommodated)

Jen said...

Everyone deserves a new toy at Christmas!
And what is with the stink of plastic today? I can't even walk down the isle in Walmart where they sell those plactic bins- it smells soooo bad it makes me sick!