Thursday, July 10, 2008

W.O.F. 20: Another Chicken

Sorry to be posting a bit early, but I will hardly be home tomorrow - off to work, then to a long overnight at our local Relay for Life - about which I will hope to post later this weekend.

OK, on to the chicken. This one is special. It belonged to my grandmother. It may very well be home made, but I don't think she made it. It was a doorstop, basically; it has a brick sewn into it.
Why is it special, you ask? Every time we visited with the kids, our daughter would pick that heavy chicken up and carry it all over Grandma's house. She would hardly put it down. I mean, she would walk laps around the house with that thing.

So this summer my Dad found the chicken and my sister said I should take it back home, which I did. Then I presented it to my daughter, who was visibly thrilled to be reunited with it. So now it resides with her. I hope she isn't carrying it all over their apartment...but that's her choice...

4 comments:

gerry said...

Must have been the craft of the times. My mom had a cute little doorstop mouse. Isn't it nice that it brings good memories for your daughter.

Anonymous said...

I have things that belonged to my grandmother Irma that make me feel like she is still near. That chicken has found the right home to roost!

Jen said...

Cute reunion story! to go along with this chicken.
I'm sure your daughter will take very good care of it.

Minerva said...

I didn't even know you posted a chicken when I posted mine! We must share that rare chicken-fascination gene.