Thursday, July 3, 2008

Weird Object Friday 19


This is not so much a weird object as it is a weird picture of a timely object. Last year on July 4, I was taking pictures of the fireworks (which may be obvious from the banner, etc.) and, as a couple rockets were spiraling up and up into the sky, I took this picture of the ascending projectile. Being that it was dark and all, the shutter figured it had to stay open for some time, so I got this neat effect of the spiral that makes it look like glow-in-the-dark DNA or something. Weather permitting, I guess I will be at it again tonight, playing with my camera instead of just enjoying the booms and flashes.

5 comments:

Minerva said...

Looks kind of like smoke from a blown-out candle, too. Very cool. Good luck capturing more pictures tonight!

Anonymous said...

I almost thought is was long hair!
(totally wrong again)

Jen said...

It looks like something electrical to me.
I like your DNA idea. And yes, a weird photo.
Very appropriate for today..Happy
4th to you and yours.

Jessica said...

Neat (weird) photo. I'm looking forward to seeing fireworks tonight in our hometown. Maybe I should try to catch some photos like that.

gerry said...

aurora borealis? I was way off. Happy 4th.