Monday, March 28, 2011

The Cell Phone Series

I have had more opportunity to shoot a quick pic with the cell phone lately than with the Canon - that darn camera has just not been at arm's reach when a picture presented itself. So, at the expense of megapixels and resulting sharpness and so forth, here are a few recent shots.
My favorite of the lot. Crossing the mighty Maumee River on I-280 in Toledo, Ohio. A rare cloudless day. First time I had been on that bridge, and it has been up for a few years now.
Ollie was sitting in the kitchen and the sun was glinting off a crystal in the window, sending a spectrum onto his snout. The cell phone caught the blue, anyhow.

A really excellent sunset captured while walking around the block with Ollie.

I was coming out of the library in Fremont, Ohio, a couple weeks ago, and saw these "blossoms" of snow on a tree. Tried hard to pretend it was cherry blossom time. The temperature indicated otherwise.
Out for a lunchtime walk. A lone Norfolk Southern locomotive crossing the Sandusky River. A sure sign of spring: the fishermen and women are starting to line the banks of the Sandusky, fishing for white bass. Or is it perch first? I can never remember which is which.

And finally: They're baaaack! A bunch o'buzzards hangin' out this evening on a tree about a block from home. We get 'em every year. They stick around for a month or so, flying off each morning to do whatever it is that they do (I would prefer not to know), returning to roost each night in a neighbor's tall, thick pine trees. But before bed, several of them like to gather up here to enjoy what little warmth they can gather from the setting sun.

4 comments:

Connie said...

No matter what kind of camera you used, these are great pictures, Ben. I've been on that bridge over the Maumee a few times. You got a great shot of that. I love the sunset picture you took too. The buzzards have come back to the trees in the park near our house too. I'm always glad to see them because they welcome spring in. :D

Unknown said...

Hey Ben, thank you for visiting my blog.

I love the bridge shot, and buzzards? I hate them...I hate the way they stare at me...they scare me. We aren't allowed to kill them here in Texas. They are one of those precious protected species.

Kudos on your Relay for Life!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben, Nice to hear from you and oh yes, I can picture your bell bottom pants from the 60's/70's! As a bashful little kid from the country, Atlanta's hippies were quite a sight for me! My husband and I had fun looking at "hippie" songs from that era tonight!

Minerva said...

Good pictures! I like the illuminated Ollie one.