Monday, March 31, 2008

lazier day

Man, I haven't had a cold in a long, long time. I'm pretty fortunate in the sickness department. I have not taken a day off from work in a long time (pardon me while I go knock on some wood). Anyhow, I caught a doozy of a cold over the weekend. I chose to sleep in before heading in to work today, and because of an afternoon meeting 20 minutes from home, I was able to get home fairly early, too.

So I'm "under the weather". And what weather it is, too. The TV stations show this ominous line of thunderstorms out in Indiana somewhere. They are inevitably headed this way. Winds are supposed to kick up to some 40-50 mph gusts between midnight and 8 tomorrow night. Not inspiring.

As I look out the window, the sun is trying to display a decent sunset, but it's just not pulling it off. Too much gray involved. So, due to my complete lack of motivation and inspiration, I am reaching back and inserting a photo from last fall that I especially liked. The guy is fishing down below the spillway of a dam on the Scioto River north of Columbus, up near the Columbus Zoo.

Perhaps next time I will be inspired by the present, but for now we'll live in the past.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Love that photo.

I've had a cold and cough that is going on 3 weeks!! I am better but it's taking forever! Hope yours doesn't last as long as mine is.

Ben said...

Thanks Jessica - lots of people seem to be hacking and coughing. This weather is not helping!

Unknown said...

I hope that photo isn't the view from your back yard!!!

Ben said...

Gary - No; thankfully, the water is receding. We never did get to have thrilling waterfalls or anything. Just a fairly calm lake, only occasional whitecaps.