Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Minding Their Own Beeswax

On the way back from a jaunt to Michigan this weekend, before stopping at our daughter and son in law's for a home cooked, dee-lish dinner involving much use of their new grill, we stopped at our much-enjoyed Toledo Botanical Gardens. I became somewhat caught up in the work being carried out by a legion of bees. They were workin' the flowers hard. Here is a summary of what I saw. (Truth be told, I think I was getting a kick out of sticking the macro lens in their faces).

I guess I can't let the post pass without adding a bird, since there are so many there (the header up above was taken at the same place on Sunday).
And, okay, one shot of Grand-Dog Lily, hanging out on the couch.

I am mulling over a little motivational, devotional type thing I read today about about a guy who lived by two words: "get to". The idea was, he didn't "have to" do anything; he "got to". I'm working on adopting that attitude the best I can, especially during the challenges when I "get to" get up to go to work, and I "get to" drive six hours round trip tomorrow for a two-hour meeting. Ah, well, I think the concept can work even in that case. It's all good, or it can be if you work at it a little.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Great macro shots! Love your new masthead. The reflection of the Canadian geese in the water is really cool. I will be driving the 3 hours to the airport again tomorrow. 5th trip in less than 2 weeks. This time I'll be the one flying out. Pat & I are rendezvousing in Boston. Sure hope that hurricane doesn't mess with our trip plans!

Jen said...

and now we know how 'busy bee' came to be.
"get to" sounds like a good thing. If we weren't able to 'get to', then we would live in a world of 'I can't'.

Connie said...

Wow! Fantastic pictures, Ben. They're all so clear and colorful. Love the flower and bee shots.