Sunday, September 19, 2010

How well do you know your BROWNS?




OK - IT'S ANSWER TIME! IN CASE THERE ARE ANY LATE COMERS, WE WILL PUT THE ANSWERS WAY DOWN AT THE BOTTOM SO AS TO NOT RUIN YOUR FUN.......

It's Brown's turn in the parade of color that is this meme started by Jen, who holds the list of participants you can check out at your leisure.

Meanwhile, no time for leisure here! Put on your thinking caps and see how many of these links to BROWN you can identify...

1. This:or this:or this: (starting out REALLY easy!):
2. A kind of house, most often associated with NYC:
3. What's she doing?
4. Avoid these!!!!!
5. Name the bird
6.
7. name their song with the word in it...
8. From the world of science...what's this depicting?
9. He was in old comedy movies. As I recall, he yelled a lot when in trouble.
10. Gov. Moonbeam
11. Ladies and gentlemen, the hardest working man in showbusiness! 12. P.M.
13. He had a big song with the word in it, back in the day (his first name rhymes with "Dan") .
14. Author of a best selling novel; movie starred Tom Hanks (his name rhymes with "Van")
15. The local football "team" in my neck of the woods..
16. Who's the guy on the left?
17. Yet one more guy who had a big hit song with the word "Brown" in it: Name the singer and the song...

18. And finally, everybody gets a point for this one, am I right?

ANSWERS
1. BROWNIE (I STILL HAVE AN OLD KODAK BROWNIE AROUND SOMEWHERE)
2. BROWNSTONE
3. BROWN-BAGGING IT!
4. BROWN RECLUSE SPIDER
5. BROWN PELICAN
6. MURPHY BROWN
7. "MRS. BROWN, YOU'VE GOT A LOVELY DAUGHTER" (PRONOUNCED "DAW-TA")
8. BROWNIAN MOTION - I BELIEVE IT IS THE MOTION A PARTICLE MAKES AS IT IS HEATED UP. IT IS FAIRLY RANDOM LOOKING.
9. JOE E. BROWN (OR IS IT JOEY BROWN?)
10. JERRY BROWN
11. JAMES BROWN, THE GODFATHA OF SOUL
12. BRITISH PRIME MINISTER GORDON BROWN
13. VAN MORRISON'S "BROWN EYED GIRL"
14. DAN BROWN (THE DA VINCI CODE, ETC.)
15. THE CLEVELAND BROWNS
16. BUSTER BROWN (THE LOVELY DOG WAS NAMED TIGHE OR TIGE)
17. JIM CROCE'S "BAD, BAD LEROY BROWN"
18. ...AND GOOD OL' CHARLIE BROWN

13 comments:

Connie said...

Well, they did start out pretty easy, but got harder as they went along. I think I know 13 of the 18. Fun quiz, Ben. Good collection of browns for this week! Happy almost Monday to you! :-)

Susie said...

Hi Ben, this is a good quiz. I got a few of them. Happy Monday to you.

Dorothy said...

My, you out-did yourself on this one. At least, I got the easy ones:) Happy Monday!

Minerva said...

I got more than 50%, but the songs stump me.( Except for Mr Croce's.) Great job on the brown quiz. I will await the answers..
Have a good Monday.

Loui♥ said...

Ben..
excellent Quiz..
100%..
guess I'm either really bright..
or just really old..
and have a mind full of utterly useless trivia..
until YOU present a Brown Quiz!
Charlie brown is my Fave..
and in some circles I'm known as Peppermint Pattie"..
hugs and smiles..
Loui♥

Busy Bee Suz said...

Very cute. I did pretty good this time.
Will I ever get tired of listening to Bad Bad Leroy Brown? Nope!

Cassie said...

Sheesh Ben, I thought this was a gimme, the way I started out. But then I came to #8, 9 & 14!! I recognized #9, but his name escapes me...I'm guessing his last name was Brown! Clueless about 8 & 14 though. Happy Brown Day to you. Will be returning for the answers!

Rosie @ Centre of Interest said...

This is the first week I've been able to answer a couple of them. Number 12 certainly was easy for me considering I'm blogging from Scotland.

Janet said...

Great brown quiz today! I'm certain of 13. Fun!

Jen said...

Awesome Brown Post Ben!
Who knew Brownie had so many meanings!

SusanB-knits said...

Great brown post! I got 15 out of the eighteen. I love remembering the color related trivia. Great job! Maybe next week I can get them all.

Ben said...

I will slap the answers up there tomorrow night... Way to go Loui!

George said...

I didn't think brown was my color, but I had my best score to date on this quiz. You came up with a great variety of browns.