Sunday, September 5, 2010

BLUE MONDAY

Actually, it is a great Monday because it is a holiday and we're seeing our daughter and son in law (and their wonderful dogs...). But Monday means color day thanks to Jen's meme, and this week's color is BLUE. And since last week's edition, in which we asked you to guess as many of the "green" references as you could, seemed to be fun, we're doing again with blue. How many of the following seventeen (nice round number, eh?) references to something with the word "blue" (or "blues") can you name?

1. What band's song was being played during the classic Sat. Night Live "More Cowbell" skit with Will Farrell (below), Christopher Walken, et al?
2.
3.
4.
5. Here's a gimme for those not sleeping under rocks. What movie featured these blue people?
6.7. Go ask a kid, if you are unfamiliar with this one.
8. When you think of (what kind of music?) you think of (who is this guy?)
9. Old doo wop song
10. Who are these guys?
11. No, I never saw this movie.
12. Can you name the actor AND the show?
13. Name the singer and the album...
14. Their only hit (that I know of) was "Summertime Blues"
15.16. The theme song is playing in my head right now...
17. And last but not least...
Next week is what, purple? I doubt we will pull off a complete quiz over that color (the artist known most places as Prince comes to mind..) but you never know. Stay tuned...

16 comments:

Connie said...

This one was tougher, but I think I got 11 of the 17 right. You're making us work on the Labor Day weekend, Ben. Don't you know we're supposed to have the weekend off? ;)
Fun post. Hope you have a great week!

Jen said...

Got 12 of them.
George Kennedy has me stumped on this show.??
and the other is music of course...
Great blue post Ben, love the game theme; now it's your move.
Enjoy the holiday.

Susie said...

I didn't do as well as the last quiz Ben.

Great post and happy blue Monday to you!

Janet said...

Fun post! I think I have 11. Hope you have a Happy Blue Monday!

Minerva said...

I like this new format. It's fun to do the weekly quiz.
Hey, you forgot Smurfs!

Anonymous said...

I did not fare as well with this one Ben! Like Daisy said, it's a holiday!!! Enjoy the day.

George said...

I did better on your green quiz than I did on this one. I guess I'm just not up on my blues. But I enjoyed the the post and the quiz, even if I do have to do some research on the items I didn't get.

Ben said...

I knew this one was tougher, but I knew I was dealing with a smart lot, so I tweaked it up a notch. I will post all the answers by Wednesday night.

Busy Bee Suz said...

These are so great....I almost used Blue Man group too, as we have seen them several times.
You never saw The Blue Lagoon? Well, you did not miss much. ;)

SusanB-knits said...

I didn't as well this week, lol. I only know 11 out of the seventeen.
Great BLUE quiz!

Dorothy said...

17 very thought provoking 'blues'! My favorite picture is # 4 -the mountains!!!
Hope you've had a great holiday.

Cassie said...

You got me on #12 & #14. Answers please!!

1-Blue Oyster Cult
2-Babe the blue ox.
3-NYPD Blues
4-Blue Ridge Mountains
5-Avatar
6-Blue Suede Shoes
7-Blues Clues
8-NOone sings 'da blues' like BB King!
9-Blue Moon (You saw me standing alone)
10-Blue Man Group
11-Blue Lagoon
13-Joni Mitchell, Blue
15-Blue Angels
16-Hill Street Blues
17-Blue Hawaii

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

Blue suede shoes is all I could figure out.

Ben said...

OK, the answers are what Cassie said (our true master of things green AND blue, evidently!) plus (12) George Kennedy starring in the Blue Knight, a series in 1975-76 that had all of 25 episodes aired; and (14) "Summertime Blues" being the big hit for...Blue Cheer (back in the '60s).

Cliff said...

Where's Blue Swede? Oooga chaka, ooga ooga!

Ben said...

That one crossed my mind; it was more than a feeling...