Sunday, September 26, 2010

"YOU DON'T KNOW BLACK" - OR DO YOU???

Sadly, it is the last of the color blogs in Jen's eight week meme. This is it. Time to strike the set and turn out the lights and all that's left is...black.

So, here is my last of these color quizzes: fun for most, pain in the brain to others. See how well you can do - I think this one is fairly easy (except for perhaps one or two obscure ones...)

It's the last one, so we went into overtime with 23 clues for you to identify.


AND NOW IT IS TUESDAY, SO THE ANSWERS FOLLOW AT THE END OF THIS POST


1. Name the actress
2. Avoid this spider. 3. Remember this old thriller?
4. What's her married name? (They don't get easier than this...)
5. Doesn't everyone have one of these in the family?
6. Ozzy's old band
7. A figure of speech
8. Nice kitty
9. This was a bad day at the stock market
10. Name the movie
11. These are symbols of this practice..
12. A band that you probably don't know if you're not 20-something, but you never know.
13. A good thing if you're in Vegas
14. Reverse the words from #13 and you get..
15. This guy's "supreme"
16. I hate it when I get sucked into one of these things...
17. Name the confection..
18. Another popular musical group has led to some individual careers too.
19. I understand the woman on the left was quite the rage in Britain back in the '60's. Who is she?
20. OK, there have been some tough ones after all, so here's your "gimme" - don't let this guy cross your path...
21. Name the bird22. Communication device
23. Name the movie...or the book...or the horse...

1: KAREN BLACK 2: BLACK WIDOW SPIDER. 3: BLACK SUNDAY 4: SHIRLEY TEMPLE BLACK 5: BLACK SHEEP (YOU KNOW, LIKE THAT UNCLE WE DON'T SPEAK OF...)
6: BLACK SABBATH 7: THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK 8: BLACK PANTHER
9: BLACK MONDAY 10: MEET JOE BLACK 11: BLACK MAGIC 12: THE BLACK KEYES (DID ANYONE KNOW THIS? I WOULD NOT HAVE) 13: BLACKJACK (21)! 14: JACK BLACK
15: SUPREME COURT JUSTICE HUGO BLACK 16: BLACK HOLE 17: BLACK FOREST CAKE (YUM!) 18: BLACK-EYED PEAS 19: CILLA BLACK 20: BLACK CAT 21: RED WINGED BLACKBIRD 22: BLACKBERRY 23: BLACK BEAUTY

AND JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT, I MAY RUN A QUIZ IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO BASED ON "WHITE" SINCE A COUPLE COME TO MIND IMMEDIATELY ("SNOW", ANYONE?) UNTIL THEN, IT'S BEEN A FUN RIDE ON THE RAINBOW...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am improving! Love the BIG black kitty picture...we were thinking along the same lines this week. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Jen said...

Wow Ben! I was thinking, you know so much about color, you should work in a paint store. ha ha!
Of course I'm sure you know where I got stuck on this one, and it wasn't in the black hole.
Thanks for your cleverness on this meme! -Jen

Ben said...

Thanks Jen but, funny enough, I'm "color deficient" - can't sort socks worth a darn, and can't see the words in those tests with the dots. But I am not color blind (for example, that sunset up on top that I snapped with my cell phone last night was awesome...)

Rosie leavesnbloom said...

I think I've guessed quite a few of them correct this week - and that woman is sometimes still on the TV screens here in the UK. Its been great fun Ben for the past few weeks playing your little quizes.

SusanB-knits said...

Still didn't get them all (18 out of 23) but it was great fun trying! Love your posts on the all the colors. It was great fun remembering.

Janet said...

I did pretty well this week, but still missing a few. I've really enjoyed all your quizzes. They've been lots of fun.

Cassie said...

You sure do amazing research Ben. Stumped me on 12 & 19. It's fun doing these quizes. Will miss Color Monday & ColorQuizMonday! Have a great week.

Minerva said...

Couldn't post a comment.."service unavailable..let's try again.
I got all but 2 this time! My best score yet.
Hope you had a good Monday. I'm a little late this time.

Susie said...

Hey Ben,

I think I liked this quiz better than last weeks. I think I got about 75% right.

Connie said...

Well, I did OK, but there was room for improvement. These quizzes of yours have been fun, Ben. Good to stretch the brain a little. Happy Monday to you! :D

George said...

Thanks for another great color quiz. I was doing pretty good until my brain got sucked into the black hole.

Ben said...

For those who want to see 'em, I will put the answers up there tomorrow night.

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is great Ben. I did pretty good....but I think my day is ruined seeing the Black Widow!!! EEEeeekkkkk.

Cliff said...

How about the Three Dog Night song "Black and White