Sunday, September 12, 2010

how well do you know PURPLE?

Well, it was tougher coming up with a decent quiz for purple, but our crack team of researchers has delivered at least something. So have at it.

SPOILER ALERT: I HAVE STUCK THE ANSWERS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST.

1. What movie did this artist write and star in?
2. an old hit song was named for this dude.
3. Military honor.
4. Smoke on the Water", etc.
5. Know this plant? Extra credit: name the band with this plant in its name.
6. Oprah was in this movie.
7. Name the bird...
8. Big song by this guy...
9. ???
10. And we would be remiss without including this fellow.
We are celebrating all things purple with a meme originated over at Jen's blog. Give it a look!

ANSWERS:
1. PURPLE RAIN
2. ONE EYED ONE HORNED FLYING PURPLE PEOPLE-EATER
3. PURPLE HEART
4. DEEP PURPLE
5. PURPLE SAGE
EXTRA CREDIT: NEW RIDERS OF THE PURPLE SAGE
6. THE COLOR PURPLE
7. PURPLE MARTIN
8. JIMI HENDRIX'S "PURPLE HAZE"
9. PURPLE COW. OBVIOUSLY.
10. BARNEY

NOW GO STUDY UP ON ALL THINGS "BROWN"!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least I know more this week than last! It's funny, my 62 year old brother called me the other day to ask what the name of the big purple animal was that his kids loved when they were young!!!!

Janet said...

Fun purple quiz today. I haven't done very well. Maybe I need another cup of coffee :-)

Connie said...

Well I did a little better this week. I got 8 out of the 10. And one of the ones I missed, I know I would remember if I heard someone say it. HA! Fun post, Ben. Happy Monday to you! :)

Dorothy said...

You have a great purple quiz today! Enjoyed stretching my brain a little this morning.

Jen said...

Happy Monday Ben
#5??

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

I think I've got a couple of others along with Barney this time.

Minerva said...

Don't know #5 either. Is it an herb? Looks kind of like rosemary, but don't know a band with that in the name. I will wait with baited breath for you to fill us in.

Gerald Neily said...

Sorry, quizzes are too much like doing WORK.

George said...

Thanks for another fun quiz. I'm more up to date on Purple than I am on some of the others. Thanks for making me put on my thinking cap.

Ben said...

Yo Gerald, and your frame of reference would be ____? :)

SusanB-knits said...

Well, I got 7 out of 10. Great purple post! I love the quizzes.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Ben, you come up with the best of the best for these posts!!!!
Purple rain is my favorite soundtrack...and my girls grew up loving Barney.

Cassie said...

Man, I did lousy on this one. Didn't get #3,5 and 7. I couldn't come up with any purples for a post either. I'm lame this week, but plan to be better next week.