Thursday, April 17, 2008

Healing Waters

I've been preparing a report for a Village I have been working with, Green Springs, and I like to include photos in my reports. It was 72 degrees and partly cloudy today, so I took off with the company Kodak for the nearby village this afternoon.

One key asset in Green Springs is a regionally known rehabilitation hospital called St. Francis, run by the Franciscan order. Due north of the hospital campus is what appears to be a pool of water in a park like setting. This pool is what gave Green Springs its name - back in the day people would travel to this town to take a dip in the medicinal sulfur waters. It was thought to be a cure for certain ailments.

The area is still very attractive. The locals I talk to say they pretty much stay away, though, because of the strong sulfur smell. Plus, the geese down there get pretty territorial about it.

I spent some time down at the springs anyway, dealing with the smell, honking off the geese, but taking a couple pictures of the scenery anyway.



Obviously, that's the hospital up there at the top of the hill.

Yep, hyacinths are officially out and bloomin' in northern Ohio.

3 comments:

Minerva said...

Pretty. Nice day for a drive and a walk, eh?
I like the last one with the flower.

Ben said...

Nice day for anywhere but an office!

Jessica said...

Too bad a beautiful place like that smells. Good for you that you enjoyed it anyway.