Saturday, April 19, 2008

Finally, a little color around the 'hood


We walked the dog a little earlier than usual because it was threatening rain. Found quite a bit of color out there. I thought the pussy willows going crazy in our back yard were about as interesting as anything going on in the fowering plant world.
Then there are these two about a block down the street.
Seems to be about the height of forsythia season in northern Ohio right now...
And the PJM rhododendrans are chiming in.
And finally, ever since we had part of this maple cut out for a little more sunlight, the squirrels think it's a great place to hang out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My rhododendran has not bloomed and looks half dead. There are holes in the leaves, as if it has been a great snack for someone. I think I need a rhododendran doctor!

Jessica said...

I think we are not too far behind you in the color department. We are southern Michigan so not too far north from you. I'm seeing some of the same colors here. It's about time!!!

Minerva said...

How nice of you to give the squirrels a perch.

Ben said...

Yep, just for them!