Wednesday, April 16, 2008

day on the road; color along the Interstate



Spent the day on the job in a series of meetings in a county 100 miles from home, where I am helping a township put a comprehensive plan together. I spent some "free" time driving the roads, getting familiar with the township, doing the recon. It was a good day, and I feel much more familiar with the place, some of its people, and some of its issues and aspirations.

While listening to Steve Martin's recent memoir on CD, and while driving back on the Interstate, I pointed the office-issued Kodak EasyShare Z650 (not an altogether bad camera, but I have not caught on to the rhythm of its "shutter" yet out the side windows for some blurry roadside shots. The sunset color is unretouched; it was a good show. And sorry; the tanker and signage below is highly retouched; I get carried away with "posterizing" every once in a while.

The color along I-75 gave way to the never-neverlandedness of U.S. 30, which developers and drivers still have not fully discovered yet. The sunset concluded in my rear view mirror, and it got really dark, leaving just Steve for my entertainment.

No comments: