Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Toledo Botanical Gardens - Part 1: Animal Life

Took a trip over to the metro park-owned Toledo Botanical Gardens, along with wife & daughter, while son in law slept (he works odd hours). Major photo op! I took enough pix that I thought I'd better divvy it up into two posts: one animal, one plant. So here is the "animal" life that presented itself before the lens...

This guy was pretty photogenic, working the pond pretty hard and, I suspect, eating well.

Seemed to get along with others...Lots of geese in the place: Big ones, little cute ones, future ones...And big ol' carp swimming around. Once in a while we would hear a frenzy of fish action, and see a bunch of fish making a loud splashing. I don't know if this is a fishy rite of spring or what...Then there was this guy, hanging out on what appeared to be a scupture of a sea craft. He turned it into performance art. Aye aye, Cap'n.
That's it for now... THE END

7 comments:

Minerva said...

Nice pictures! I like the baby geese. I never actually see them when they are that age. All grey and fuzzy.
Hey- I tagged you on my blog..

Unknown said...

I had to look closely at that last one to figure what it was. I'm looking, going "wha" and finally tagged it as the south end of a diving goose.

Pigeon said...

You took some neat pictures there.
I haven't heard that expression "performance art" since my daughter graduated art school - LOL

Anonymous said...

Great pics and great times! I like the picture with the baby goose that has his foot up!
Emily

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Great photos. Trying to catch up on my blog reading. Ooops, this is my dongs blog I'm signed in on, but it is me, Cassie! Have a good weekend.

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Another oops. I meant to type "dog's blog", not dongs. Yes, I AM a ding dong!! Cassie

Dawn said...

looks like the botanical garden was a great time! and thanks for more pics of those goslings. i love 'em!