Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Reason to Rejoice!

My wife, Linda, was pronounced healthy at the doctor's yesterday. This was no typical pronouncement and slap on the back. In the fall of 2003, Linda was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. I will not detail the dark days that followed, but I can tell you from just being the "bystander" and support staff, there is no joy in a hardy regimen of two types of chemo, chased down with daily trips to the radiation machine (okay, I do not have the medical jargon down) for a month.

Anyhow, the light at the end of the five-year tunnel is a shimmering, bright one, as they traditionally call making the five year mark with negative tests for blood markers a "cure". And that is where Linda found herself yesterday.

Happy Cinco de Mayo, and for us, Happy Cinco Anos!!

10 comments:

Pigeon said...

That's truly wonderful! congratulations!!! :)

reliv4life said...

woo hoo!!!! what a thing to celebrate! congrats to you both!

Minerva said...

WooooooooHoooooooo!!!!!

Unknown said...

Well, the way she counts birthdays probably confuses the issue, but I do have to say that is really wonderful news...

In a way, I'm amazed it's been "only" five years. It seems like so much has happened since then.

Ben said...

editor's note: Gary refers to my wife's uncanny way of SHEDDING a year every birthday rather than ADDING one as most of us do.

Jessica said...

Praise God. What wonderful news!

Jen said...

Wonderful news!! Wishing Linda continued good health!

J said...

Ok so you finally got me here. What a wonderful reason to read your blog! I am sooo happy for you both!!!! Another thing to celebrate this weekend!

Jacqueline

Cliff said...

I should come over here to visit more often. I like hearing good news and really like great news. You are both survivors!

Ben said...

WIXY, you're always welcome! (I've been lurking around yours as well)