Sunday, March 8, 2009

A-Z Monday: I is for INDULGENCES


We all have indulgences, whate'er they are
For some it is knitting yarn; others, a car
Things we go nuts for and spend too much dough
Things we could do without, or take it slow

For me it's been music, from LPs to CDs
And now in this era it's on MP3s
I have this huge library, yet I get more
Enough for an aisle in the old music store

But what fun is it if you cannot indulge?
What good is money that just makes a bulge?
Don't we all need a diversion, a thrill?
Yep, for me it's the tunes, and I can't get my fill.
Yeah, posted a little early, because by the time I get home on Monday and all, there isn't much of the day left.

11 comments:

Minerva said...

That's a healthy indulgence, I'd say.

Cassie said...

Indulgence of this sort is good for the soul. It would be neat to know what your musical tastes are sometime. Mine are all over the map!

Busy Bee Suz said...

this is so great...you are such a cool poet too.

reliv4life said...

aaahhhh the music, how boring life would be without it!

Dawn said...

music, music & more music! cool- a great indulgence! and a great poem... lyrics, if you will!

Anonymous said...

I approve, whole heartedly.

Jen said...

You just wrote a song......:D
Now you need the tune.

Unknown said...

With today's technology, I have all my music on my pc, MP3, and in my car. Life is grand with music, and I like everything, even a tad of rap and hip hop....just a tad.

I hope your dog is doing well.

Ben said...

The good thing about MP3s is they don't take up any space! And the dog is hanging in there! And as much as I like music, I need to get that "Small World" Disney tune outta my head now!!

M said...

WoW! Now that's a lot of tunes! My husband just put all of our CD's on the computer so we can play them anytime without having the CDs and cases out everywhere...and I was the only one to put them away alphabetically....they usually piled up way too long.

...and as for what's in the Imperial...margartas!

Gerald Neily said...

MP3s are like an interveneous injection straight into the veins -too much of a dose, no interaction with life and not healthy. CDs and especially SACDs and LPs let your music interact with the air and with life itself. A much more healthy addiction. The amount of space they take up is just their way of letting you know you're alive. From the photos, I'd say you have a beautiful mess.