Friday, March 6, 2009

W.O.F. 53 Painting


Maybe not so weird, just kind of interesting. This was painted by my wife's art professor back in college days. Diane Almendinger is her name. Sort of an African thing going on - notice the giraffe sort of mirrored in the lower left and right. You may also notice the reflection of a couple lights in our living room. Oh well.
-----
Our dog is home from her week at the OSU vet hospital. She is not well, but things are being done to make her as well as she can be , for as long as possible, and things could even go into remission, perhaps. We have a very high maintenance dog on our hands now, but for all that she has given us, we figure we owe her a little attention in her golden (dog) years.

5 comments:

Minerva said...

I like that painting. Don't you have 2 by her? Very interesting to look at.

Glad to hear the dog is home.

Anonymous said...

She has a kinda geometrical thing going on there that reminds me of my grandfather's geometic period. I thike that.

Ben said...

Marg: Yes. there is another one. A future WOF?

Jessica said...

Interesting painting. I can see the giraffe.

I'm glad to hear your dog is home. I hope she continues to get stronger.

Jen said...

I can't draw paint etc...so I admire anyone that does.
Glad your precious companion is at home and getting your TLC. :)