Saturday, December 6, 2008

W.O.F. 41 - and C.O.S. 1

Haven't sat down to the laptop since Thursday - Weird Object Friday totally got by me this week. Went to work at crack of dawn yesterday, came home, shoveled dinner down the gullet, then off to the retail world for some serious shoppage. It was a wise choice to get some of the necessary consumerism out of the way last night rather than today or tomorrow- places like Penneys stayed open til midnight and they were pretty much empty by 11:00, making for good, efficient shopping. Plus, we are not the types to get up at 3:30 on "Black Friday" and brave the crazies - we'd rather be dodging the floor waxing machine at Meijer at 1:00 a.m. as we wrap up for the night. Apologies to the crazies among you who prefer the early wake-up. To each their own.

Then today has been a busy time as well. So the best I can do for a "Weird Object Friday" -24 hours late - is that age old question. What if aliens visited earth this time of year - what would they make of people driving around with dead conifers in their trunks and pickup beds - then taking them inside their homes, stringing them with lights, and singing to them? So my weird object is the dead conifer, one of which we picked up just today. We still do the "real tree" thing, even with the kids gone. Just can't shake these habits. Plus, it does give the living room a nice, piney aroma.
I'm hoping the "American-made car"
does not soon become a "weird object"!


And just because I am so tardy, I will add a "cool object Saturday", although I am not advocating that groups of us start posting cool objects every Saturday. Anyhow, Linda made this (below) with a group last week - it's a glass block with a bunch of lights smashed in the hollow middle and a big ol' bow. I thought it looked kinda cool.
Hope your seasonal fun is not getting too hectic! I think that now, with a Christmas tree in the house and a decent percentage of shopping under our belts, we are now in the spirit of things.

5 comments:

Minerva said...

I bought one of those glass blocks 4 or 5 years ago and I loved it. I took it out this year, and the darn lights don't work! The thing is glued together. What does Linda suggest?

Anonymous said...

We will hopefully be bringing home our dead conifer tomorrow. I agree totally about having that smell of pine fill the living room. I've never seen a glass block with lights inside before, but I do think it is cool.

Jen said...

Some people hunt for trees and others hunt for other things...lol
Snce our house is a tree we do plastic for the Christmas tree.

Nice COS; Linda did a good job! and saved you from us being mad about your late WOF.

Ben said...

Let's see - people sit in deer stands in trees to hunt deer. Should I have sat on a deer to hunt the tree?

Jen said...

LOL! Yep- cause they find nice full trees to hide behind.