Friday, July 18, 2008

W.O.F. 21 Weird Bug Friday

OK, I'm going to roll with the insect theme that seems to be predominating this week. Here is a picture of a "little" feller that was hanging out on our deck two nights ago. This beetle probably measured two inches, head to tail. He's a big guy. The odd shadow in the above photo would be the result of using a close-up macro lens and a flash, whereby the lens itelf casts a shadow. Hmm.

The dude fell into the (not hot) hot tub later that night and my wife fished him out. Maybe he meant to be in there and is mad that we chased him out of the water. Anyhow, that's my entry for this nice, sultry hot W.O.F. Have a great weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope he wasn't too bugged, when you interrupted his spa vacation...

Anonymous said...

I guess I just spent too much time entering my name in my homework assignments for the class I'm taking, and didn't switch gears back to "Pigeon". At least I didn't email my homework off as "pigeon" That would have been bad.

Ben said...

Yes, please feel free to sign on as anyone you like over here. It doesn't, um, bother me (avoiding the pun you already covered).

Jen said...

Good grief he's creepy--I don't know that I could have taken a macro shot of him. It's a lot easier to sneak up on poop. Is he alive?

gerry said...

He really looks like he could take a big bite.

Minerva said...

Sneak up on poop! Ha! Jen, you kill me..

Ben- I remember these at Grandma's in the woods. We used to hold them and put sticks in their pinchers. they were so strong, they broke the sticks! Do you remember that?

Ben said...

Yes, glad to report he's still alive. Marg - I believe YOU held them - sounds like they earned their black belts (which would go well with their natural decor). These guys may leave their own considerable poop, for all I know.