Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Midweek Update

Not that there's really anything earth shattering to update. The earth, unfortunately, seems to be doing a good job of shattering all by itself these days.

Closer to home, I thought I'd post some shots of this crazy wisteria down the street whose owner has been encouraging it to grow up into the curbside maple tree. In the widest shot, you can see parts and pieces of wisteria way up into the tree. It is sort of fun to walk under/through the thing when going down the sidewalk.

Meanwhile, in our yard, irises, lilacs, a mystery flower (any ideas?), and next to pop will be the white azalea.

And here's one reason why I appreciate local government here in rural America. Yesterday my wife calls the City and says we need to have some dead pieces taken out of a big maple on the street (it is on the city's right of way and thus their problem, ultimately). The street superintendent says he will be out shortly to size it up. Within a couple hours he shows up. He says, yeah, they can take care of it. Then today, by the time I get home from work, the tree has been trimmed, with big pieces cut off 30 feet up there or so. Note the fresh cuts on the tree. Anyhow, that is a pretty rapid response in my book. Now where is my "stimulus payment????"

Finally, I forgot to post what the little ol' shack looks like at the Kingwood Estate that I raved about the other day. Here it is:

2 comments:

Minerva said...

That is one wacky wisteria. I bet it's a feast for the nose, as much as it is a feast for the eyes!

Anonymous said...

Now I want to buy a Wisteria!