Saturday, February 16, 2008

Frenetic Times. WIldly frenetic.

Yep, exciting times here at home. I think the energy level is best illustrated by this shot of the dog. Perhaps the most thrilling aspect of all is that that's actual sunlight streaming in on the carpet. No one around here can recall the last day that our carpet was so illuminated. And, as you can see, it is getting quite a rise out of the dog.

We got out of the house this morning for a pancake breakfast supporting the local "Reach our Youth" program - a "big brothers/big sisters" type operation. I knew one of the guys working the kitchen - the sausage cooker - and complimented him on his sweatshirt. There is nothing like an imaginative college sports team name and logo to complement a fine pancake and sausage breakfast. I've always enjoyed the Cincinnati "U.C. Bearcats", for example. I mean, what is a Bearcat, some oddball hybrid found only by packmuling deep into some hitherto unspoiled Indonesian woods?

Anyhow, the sweatshirt this morning touted the "Scottsdale (AZ) Community College Fighting Artichokes". I mean, can it get any better than that? Pugilistic obscure (to Midwesterners) vegetables? I am not sure, but I intend to keep doing the due diligence to find out.

No comments: