Friday, March 7, 2008

W.O.F. 4

Another week has sped by, leaving us with TGIWOF*! And we are posting two today, one from the "animal" world and one from the "vegetable" one. First is a special chicken:


My wife bought this metal chicken at a garage sale, with a special recipient in mind. Our neighbor, Faye, liked chickens and had a couple ornamental birds out in the back yard. So she was presented with this prize poultry, and it took its place of honor in the yard for many a month.

We lost Faye this past fall, and miss her a lot. Her daughter came over one day while cleaning out the house, and told my wife that she should have the chicken back. So now it stands, a bit weather worn but proudly all the same, in our back yard (except when it is invited inside for rare photo shoots).

Second is this unretouched, fresh-out-of-the-bag, heart-shaped potato. Nothing says "I love you" like a valentine-shaped spud!

*Thank Goodness it's Weird Object Friday

4 comments:

Minerva said...

Those are good ones! I can imagine Faye's hearty laugh when you gave her that chicken.

Anonymous said...

Be sure to use a "heart healthy"
recipe for that spud!

Ben said...

good one

Jessica said...

I am partial to chickens. I've even did my kitchen in chickens. I like this chicken WOF theme.

Can't say I've ever had a heart shaped potatoe before.