Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lazy Day


First thing yesterday, we discovered we couldn't open the back door to let the dog out. Turns out the mechanism in the lock had broken and no amount of cajoling could get the door to budge. I considered taking the door off its hinges. That's when I discovered the contractor had placed the hinges in little indents in the wood around the door, meaning the hinges will not come off. It got a bit ugly, but after the use of a crowbar, among other tools, I was able to wedge the door open without damage, procure a new lock set and doorknobs, and install it. The dog was relieved, in more ways than one.

The picture here just includes a cardinal looking me right in the lens as if to ask "So when does this season called SPRING begin around here???"

3 comments:

Minerva said...

I like the way his little bird head is cocked, like he really is wondering. I see you still have a "lake" behind him.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I keep checking to see if anyone has stocked the lake yet so I could drop a line in
-Ben

Anonymous said...

I wonder if we will even have spring. It will probably shoot right up to 90 degrees and bypass spring altogether.:( I have lost my optimism.