Monday, June 29, 2009

A-Z Monday - Y


YEARS

When I was young, a year went forever
But now I believe someone's jiggled the lever
To make the time fly - now a year's but a flash
And a week is but nothing, and a month is a dash

Seems we just got married, bought the house of our dreams
Now the mortgage is paid, as we burst at the seams
And where are our babies? Well, those kiddies have grown
And our son and our daughter are out on their own

I don't know how to slow it - can't slam on the brakes
If I could I just might, by whatever it takes
But the years are a-flying; shouldn't set them aside
Might as well settle in and just enjoy the ride!

8 comments:

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley said...

I think I just aged some more - darn! Time is flying!

Cassie said...

Okay, there Ya go! Years do slip away too quickly! Good poem.

Busy Bee Suz said...

this is a fantastic poem and SOOOO true. Where does the time go and why is it going so darn fast????

Jen said...

I could hardly believe it was Monday again! And just think, when you write your next letter A post, a year has gone by..again!
Happy Monday!
Most excellent poem !

Minerva said...

How true, how true. To be young again, when a year crawls by...

Dawn said...

i think you are trying to make me cry today! oh how the years do fly by! i love your poem... and all of the thought intertwines through it. thanks!

Cliff said...

I think about the years
About the fears
About the cheers
About the tears
Would be too great a cost
If the years were just lost