Wednesday, June 17, 2009

stepping away

Hey there. Hope you're in the middle of a great week. As for me, I am stepping away from the computer for a few days - to return some time next week. So I will probably miss WOF this week, and my A-Z entry will probably be a bit tardy. (Actually, this is all an elaborate hoax to try to avoid making up a poem dealing with the letter "X"!!!) Nah. Undaunted, I shall return and face that X square in the face!

For now, I leave you with some pictures of a momma woodpecker getting her "baby" (just as big as she is!) to eat on its own. I believe the lesson was a success. The momma is the more grungy looking one; the kid is somehow cleaner.

Ta ta for now...
Ben

5 comments:

gerry said...

Heard them before, but have never seen them. Beautifully marked birds. Great shots.

Minerva said...

I have a baby visit, too. But my parent is teaching him to drink from the hummingbird feeder!
TTFN

Jen said...

Have a great weekend Ben-
so looking forward to your x.

great pictures-my Downies have been very very active lately too.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Great pictures Ben.
The Mama is scraggly because she spends all her time teaching the youngin's how to eat/fly/live...well, that is my excuse anyway.
Take care, Suz

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Okay, Where is your A to Z Mondays X poem?? I'm still waiting to see what you come up with!! Cassie (using my dogs blog)