Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our little Labor Day tradition

For as long as I can remember, our little tradition has been to quietly visit some body of water and stick our feet in - or near - the water. I am not sure of the symbolism, but for years it was our last visit of the year to the swim club we used to belong to when the kids were young and amphibious.

This year it was the reservoir. Here we see Linda's feet within close proximity of the water.
While we were visiting, a guy we know named Al drove up, launched his kayak, and paddled around the circumference of the reservoir. Al has to be well into his 70's. I hope I'm doing cool stuff like that when I'm in my 70's. Before we left, he had returned, dragged his kayak back to his pickup, and departed.
While Linda was lost in her summer's-end thoughts, the dog and I explored a couple paths like this one leading to the water, and also saw some nice sights along the shore.
Then back to the car and home.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Ben... That is a great tradition!

Also, no one has inquired about the book at all. I was beginning to think it wasn't going to find a good home. I thought you were from near this area. I would love to mail it to you. Send me your address to seadrazozo @ hotmail.com (leave out the spaces)and I'll stick it in the mail to you.

Jen said...

This looks like a great place to go in the fall too, to see the colors.

Minerva said...

Even the pictures are relaxing. It must have been a great visit.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place to spend the day, and a very nice tradition too.