Friday, August 22, 2008

W.O.F. 26 One More from the Fair


I'm still clearing out my pictures from last week's County Fair. They have this old barn full of old timey farm and home devices, some marked, some not. This thing was not. So, what do you all think it is? Looks sort of like those ice cream makers I featured a few weeks ago. All ideas are welcome, as I am fairly clueless! (And I didn't tinker with it, so I'm not sure what actually happens when you crank' er up. I'm wondering if that bowl-like basket part, or something that was once in it dangling form that pipe in the center, would spin around.)

5 comments:

Minerva said...

Butter churner, possibly?

Ben said...

sis: makes sense to me.

gerry said...

Butter churner was my thought also. Second thought was the precursor to Margaret's mighty mixer.

Jen said...

I think it's an apple masher.

Anonymous said...

Maybe a grape smusher? wine not?