Friday, May 18, 2012

le petit vache prince

I remember having to attempt to read that well-known French work, Le Petit Prince, by a dude named Antoine De Saint-exupery, in French class (which was known to me as "the bane of my high school academic existence").  Anyhow, the book is full of illustrations of this kid on this small planet.  So small that you could see about 270 degrees of its curvature, if not all of it, in most of the illustrations.  Ridiculous.  I mean, how does such a small planet produce enough gravity to keep even a petit prince from floating away?

So anyway, I was driving home from some meetings for work and came across this small hill with cows on it.  The curvature of the hill was ample enough to remind me of that absurdly small planet in that French book.  I was able to snap off one picture as I sped by.  So, here is the cow prince and his friends on their cow planet.
 
 I will add this "bonus" picture.  Farther down the road, between Urichsville and New Philadelphia for all of you with Ohio maps handy, is what appears to be this cement doggy out in someone's yard facing the traffic on US 250.  I'm just wondering, "why the doggy?"  I mean, I like it.  Quite a bit.  That tongue hanging out was a great touch.  But I just wonder about who made this decision that they really wanted to have this cement doggy out there in the yard. 

5 comments:

George said...

I'm constantly amazed at the yard art we see, especially on some of the back roads we travel. That book from French class obviously made quite an impression on you.

Connie said...

I remember that book, but I think I read it in English. The doggy in the yard is cute, but I don't think I'd put something like that in my yard. It does make you wonder why someone would decide to do that.

Minerva said...

Doggy? In the front yard? Almost as preposterous as a hippo in the front yard! (he he he he...)

Cliff said...

How much is thet doggy in the front yard? Woof woof!

Gordon said...

You are wondering about a doggy in the front yard?? It seems to me I remember a hippo once resided in front of your house.

Which is odder?