Friday, July 30, 2010

two pictures

Two quick items to take care of tonight. First, there is this thing going around where people take their photo file that corresponds to their birth month, then the picture that corresponds to their birth day. So if I go to my ninth file and take the 21st picture, I get this:
Explanation: Well, my ninth file happens to be a file of my son's trip a few years ago to El Salvador, where he hung out at an orphanage run by a Cleveland transplant and her Salvadoran husband. This would be one of the residents of the orphanage and one of the college students who went on the trip. I am not sure what's up with the chair.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Second picture: We took a little hike in the woods not too far from home tonight and came upon this stump, and all I could think of was something like:

Sure, they may cut you down, but you just get back up and
hang in there!!!

4 comments:

Connie said...

They say every picture tells a story. :D

That stump is funny, Ben. Hard to stop one that is so determined, I'd think.

Minerva said...

You get the most original picture award in that meme, I think.

I've see stumps like this (my next door neighbor used to have one.) and they are hilarious! Good caption.

Jen said...

What a sweet little boy! and your son too; I imagine he was on a mission trip.

I'm stumped by that second photo, how does it grow leaves without branches??! ha.

Cassie said...

Both swell pictures! The little boy is setting up a pretend train no doubt. That stump photo is really good. I like it alot. Blessings, Cassie