Sunday, April 4, 2010

A-Z Munchin' Monday: The Kids Kan Cook!

Stretching it a bit to fit this week's letter, but I just didn't have that much to say about ketchup, and I was coming up short. So I am talking about my kids and, in this case, our son William, who hasn't eaten any meat since lent began, and who solved the problem of what to serve on Saturday when we all got together this weekend by cooking up a big ol' eggplant dish that, as it turns out, was delicious.

I have no idea what the amounts of each ingredient were, but I know he served it up with rice and included the following wonderful ingredients: eggplants, sliced flat and wrapped around feta cheese; cilantro leaves, olives, diced tomato and sauce. I am probably missing something, although it was fairly simple. But deelish. I knew our daughter knew her way around a kitchen, but who knew the lad would become such a chef?

Today he got back into the meat thing and we had a ham and potato casserole prepared by our "house chef". Also great eatin'.

I hope your Easter weekend has been a good one. Our Easter began with a sunrise service presented by the youth of our church, out at the reservoir, carefully located with the water to the east. The service was simple but profound, with the speakers competing with the ducks and geese and other assorted fowl. Now the kids have gone back home and the nest is again an empty one, aside from the dog, who is fairly well winded from a weekend with the "grand dogs".

7 comments:

Connie said...

Sounds like your son is quite the chef, Ben. Glad to hear you had a nice Easter. Ours went well here too. Happy "K" week to you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Your son's dish sounds very good. Glad you had a nice Easter and I hope the week ahead is great. Happy K week to you!

Loui♥ said...

Hi Ben..
Ketchup..a perfect choice!!..
a staple of any kitchen..
almost as versatile as Karo syrup..
back in my poorer, bohemian days,..
Ketchup would be served..
in the form of delishous tomato soup..
now , neither Bohemian..
nor quite as poor,
I detest Tomato soup!
and rarely use ketchup at all!
warmest hugs, laughing smiles..
Loui♥

Minerva said...

Looks yummy. Tell him he needs to make that for me the next time I see him! I'll trade him- my crab dip for his eggplant.

Jen said...

Happy Monday Ben!
Kreative Kid you got there. :D

Cassie said...

That sure looks like a dish I could love. A man who cooks is a very attractive thing! His lucky lady!! Glad you had a lovely Easter.(GrandDogs?We only have a GrandCat.:<) Our Easter was great too. Happy Easter Monday to you & yours.

Unknown said...

I really thought you'd post about Ketsup, Ben!

Now, I'm glad you showcased Williams eggplant dish. Can he come help me whip up something similar? Maybe with some meat in it?

Happy belated Easter