Friday, October 24, 2008

W.O.F. 35 Rustle up a Dust Buster

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when the product design team at the Lectrix Company came up with this one.

"Okay, we need a different angle on the hand-held vacuum cleaner market. Everyone is familiar with Dust Busters"
"Yeah, or those red ones made by Dirt Devil"
"What can we do to differentiate our....Yeah, you back there, Higgsly, what've you got?"
"Well, what about a hand-held vac in the shape of a...barnyard animal?"
"Well, sure, how about a pig?"
"Nah, it's too obese, ya know, and it's sorta too much stereotyping....'this pig'll eat anything', ya know?"
"Plus, pigs sorta signify sloppiness, not cleaning up."
"And, well, a chicken shape is just too hard to adapt to the dust collecting mechanism. What else?"
"Hey, why not a...cow? You know, they are sorta 'in' right now, people are collecting them, decorating their kitchens in 'cow'."
"You're right. It's decorative. It's highly functional."
"I can see the marketing team now: 'The Vac-U-Cow. Udderly awesome!'"
"I like how you think, Higgsly."
This one was brought home from a garage sale. Not sure what I think of it, but when it is running a little low on power and you turn it on, I swear it sounds like a "moo", sort of.
Lectrix Model 0301
3.6 V DC (comes with adapter/charger)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always find the best stuff at Garage sales. It kinda reminds me a little of my cat Rikki.

Minerva said...

I think Bella would make a good vacuum. She has that compact look to her.
Do they have a canister type with a hose, shaped like an elephant? I wonder..

Ben said...

If they don't, they should!!!

gerry said...

Oh my gosh that made me laugh!

Jen said...

LOL!
MOOVE over Hoover you got competition!